Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy Spring!

Here are a few pictures from my yard from a few weeks ago. We have had so much rain, and it has been hard to have to stay indoors so much, but the plants have been loving it!

I planted tulips for the first time in many years! I didn't even want to bother because of the deer, but my neighbor had gorgeous tulips, and told me the trick was to sprinkle the deer repellent around the shoots as soon as they started to come up! I did, and then repeated the application after each rain (which was pretty much everyday!) and it worked!




These hellebores are so gorgeous and easy, and start blooming in February!




I love these magnolias, they make me so happy!



And of course, life would not be complete without bleeding hearts!





These pictures are actually from a few weeks ago, the garden looks totally different now!

4 comments:

  1. love the new blog lydia! hope you guys are doing well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wait... I found it, silly me! I'm so glad you're doing this, you so inspire me! Love your pix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures of some gorgeous flowers. Everything is so green and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always had a lovely garden.

    ReplyDelete