Wednesday, January 19, 2011

back to school

i started school a few weeks ago, and have neglected to blog about it. i was very nervous, after all, it's been almost 20 years since i used my brain, and i'm almost old enough to have birthed some of my classmates. i don't know what i was so nervous about, like my neighbor said to me when she found out i was going back, "if i had the work ethic back then that i have now, i could have been a rhodes scholar!" yeah, youth is wasted on the young.

anyway, the classes are not hard (statistics and french). the stats class is VERY elementary, it's mostly just learning ABOUT statistics, not a lot of real math. and french is a lot of memorization and homework, but fun.

in fact, the whole thing is fun. it's energizing and uplifting to be learning new things (and to realize that i'm still smart) and to be around lots of other energetic people.

for christmas i got a new laptop for school, and of course had to make a cute laptop case out of my very favorite (discontinued, darn you IKEA) fabric.




i also made a little pouch for my cord, isn't it so cute?



5 comments:

  1. So cute...and your way cool for doing school! Good luck amazing one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with school! I can't believe that fabric is discontinued - I made my first nursing cover for Max out of that fabric! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the laptop bag, it is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How have i missed all your latest posts. You are on a roll girl! I'm so impressed with all that you are doing, creating, learning...again, my hero! Loveyou.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such talent. I love it. I hope school is going well

    ReplyDelete