Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm a frugal housewife...

Annie was in the middle school's production of Charlotte's Web last weekend. She played a teenaged townsperson, and her costume was a poodle type skirt with white shirt, bobby socks and flats, and ponytail. In the midst of my flying to California twice, she needed to show her director her costume, and had none.

I didn't have time to go all the way to JoAnn's, so we headed to Goodwill to see what we could find. No skirts, but I found a tablecloth, round and purple, and I cut the middle out of it and made it into a skirt, per the super easy directions I found here. Actually, it was even easier than that, because I didn't have to hem it!

And it only cost me about $4 for the tablecloth and $2 for the elastic!



2 comments:

  1. I love it! Here's to creative thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY creative thinking! I always get so focused on what needs to get done that I don't think of the easy solution! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete